Don’t Keep The Secret
Talk about it!
Does the person you love…
- keep track of all your time?
- accuse you of being unfaithful?
- discourage relationships with family and friends?
- prevent you from working or going to school?
- criticize or humiliate you?
- anger easily when drinking?
- hit, slap or punch you or your children?
- threaten you with a weapon or gun?
- force you to have sex against your will?
- If you can answer yes to these questions, you may be at risk.
Call someone and talk about it!
Safety Plan for Women in Danger
Have the following items hidden in a place where your partner cannot find them:
- A small bag of extra clothing for you and your children
- Any important papers, including checkbooks, Social Security numbers, driver’s license, legal papers, immunization records, and birth certificates
- Sentimental valuables and photos
- Extra keys for your house and/or car
- A list of important phone numbers
If you are in immediate danger – CALL 911